Recently I got to get away for a truly amazing time with the ladies. It was my first time at the Jonna (a virtual golf tournament that had been on hiatus for a stretch). The 3rd annual Jonna Tournament was held this year at Lakeshore links in east Toronto. We had so much fun. With absolutely NO golf experience to speak of, I had been talking a pretty big game and threatening to win the tournament. Thereby stealing the title and pink jacket from the reigning champion - Katie Etherington (two time champion). Let me tell you something folks, I actually did it! Of course, that was
For the record, I should note that Katie won the longest ball (really? is that what it is called? kinda gross somehow...) on the third hole with a 126 yard drive. So whatever, she won something. Here she is looking really happy for me:
![]() |
| Stars were exploding from her fingers - she was just that happy! |
So it was an amazing night out, planned in its entirety by the amazing Leah Dunton. Thanks again Leah!!
Then the very next week - my mother sends me a link to go to a Mom's Night out at Indigo Books.
Anyone that knows me knows that I love to read. I really really love bookstores, and this brand new shiny Indigo had just opened up down the street. Let me set the scene properly for you: a giant shiny bookstore opened up (just down the street) across from a shiny new liquor store and next to a Starbucks. Are you kidding me? You can go to the LCBO, get some baileys, stop at Starbucks for something to put in your baileys and then go to the bookstore! Could it get any better? I think not.
So Mom and I met there for an exciting night out. Luckily for us, we have fun when we hang out, no matter what. The gourmet food? A squish of cold brie on a cracker. To be fair, it was cold brie from a cute brie warmer and with a bit of compote, but that does not change the fact that it was one cracker. Honestly? Then we got at least three sales reps asking us if we have been over to the image centre to learn about the brag books. So finally we headed over to see what the fuss was all about.
Let me say here that earlier that day, I had seen this on Bakerella's blog and my interest in making some digital cards was piqued. We sit down and get a quick tutorial on how to make a digital accordian photo book. Kind of cute but not really my thing. I navigate back to the main menu and see that they offer cards as well. Clicking through the options, I naively ask "Oh how many cards do you get for that price?". The answer? "One." Ummmm....yeah...I think not.
Then I come back home and go to the Shutterfly website. The cards are at least half of the cost and there is easily ten times the selection (gross understatement). They also have wall calendars for a fraction of the cost that I paid two years ago to get some done for the Grandparents, and again WAY cooler designs. grrr. But I am not one to stew over the past... SO I am going to make us a beautiful 2011 calendar and order some holiday cards. And here is what they might look like...
This card was painstakingly created and certainly took me all night to perfect. Or did it take me 2 minutes to make and 20 to figure out how to paste in the blog...I get confused so easily. Also, by signing up for a free account I just got a credit for free prints. All kinds of good so far Shutterfly!
And thanks to Jenn for her recent post that has lit the fire to get this project rolling. Yay Christmas!



2 comments:
You forgot to mention the delicious dessert snacks at the Indigo Moms Night Out. I didn't get the recipe, but vaguely remember 2 chocolate chips and a sliver of shredded coconut in a teeny paper cup.
Wow - those are two VERY classy ladies!
Congrats on the big win :) And just know the jacket is mine next year, so enjoy it while you can.
Post a Comment