Friday, July 23, 2010

July - the very best month of the year

This month has been busy - in the best kind of way.  It has been so busy in fact, that we have dubbed it "ladies month".

Our first get-together, we let the husbands and kids come...but other than that, it has been all ladies, all month. To review:

July 4th - Pride Brunch!

The gang got together to drink in the morning and chase the kids.  Oh and to eat, a lot.
We must have forgotten the camera at home, because I've got nothing folks. Head over here to check out Lola's perspective and here to see what BJ had to say.

And then we ditched the spouses and kids and got serious about dressing up and having some fun. Now when I say dressing up, I do not mean getting fancified (that is a word spellcheck, I am sure!).  I mean heading to the tickle trunk and hitting the streets looking like a fool. Exhibit A.

July 7th - Rock of Ages

Do you know about this show? It was awesome. We decided, like the normal, sane people that we are, that we should dress up in 80's gear to see it. I was lucky enough to borrow an outfit from Loraine.  It was spectacular and came with matching accessories - very cyndi lauper. Leah rocked a pat benetar inspired outfit. Katie went 80's fame/punky brewster and Meaghan was full on paula abdul. Again, I did not have a camera.  FAIL. Luckily Leah and Katie were prepared. Check out our before and after. 

We had an amazing time! We were the only people in the ENTIRE theatre that decided to dress-up. Awesome.  Our seats were bumped up to the dress circle, people took our pictures for us, and one lady came over to say "Ladies, if I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to you."

The show was really fun, enhanced by the fact that you could drink beer at your seats.  The way it should be! Afterward, we went our separate ways.  Now this is where it gets fun.  Traveling to the suburbs dressed like Cyndi Lauper, at midnight, without your ladies... The funny part was, didn't really even get any strange looks!

July 8th - Eclipse

Yes. I am in my thirties. Yes I am the mother of a three year old.  Yes, I did go to see a Twilight movie (my third). Oh, did I mention that I went with 8 other ladies? And that we were all in matching embroidered t-shirts? We are just that cool.

We also met for drinks first, and may have brought some travelers, so we could imbibe in the theatre.  Maybe.  Ok we did. Guess what?  I didn't fall asleep this time!! Yeah me!

Okay.  The next event was so epic that it needs its own post.  Stay tuned.  I even have pictures!

No comments: