Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giant Tonsils

Quick update, because I am currently balancing all of my time between stressing out and drinking red wine. There is not time for much else...

Long story short - Dylan has already had two significant throat infections, one that landed him in the hospital for a few days. Based on the extended tumultuous relationship that I had with my tonsils and adenoids (multiple infections per year and sleep apnea - sorry mom) I am certain that I do not want my son to go through the same thing. He has seen two specialists that agree the suckers should come out and we had our surgery booked for January 29th. That gave us two months to fret and prep for the big day and 7-10 days of recovery.

All that changed when I got a call this morning from the doctor to move the surgery up to THIS THURSDAY!! So now we are squeezing two months of panic into two short days.

The surgery only takes an hour and he is scheduled for the morning. He is released the same day and we should be able to post updates that afternoon.

So, send us good thoughts! We will likely be doing lots of cuddling, watching lots of Cars, Wall-E and eating tons of popsicles.

1 comment:

Leah said...

We are thinking of you guys, let us know how everything is going when you get a chance.