Thursday, May 22, 2008

Scary East End

On the weekend we went over to see Leah and Darcy's fancy new pad. Neven was recruited for demo duty with the boys and we had plans to stroll around their new 'hood.

We got a tour of the awesome new place, they are doing a lot of work and it is going to look fantastic. The weather was pretty crappy, so we stayed inside for a bit while Dylan showed off his mad walking skills and had fun getting freaked out by Chewy the dog.

Eventually we made our way to a nearby cafe called Red Rocket. The mocha latte I got was so delicious. Here is the weird bit. As we approached, it was all too clear why I don't like to go east of Spadina - okay, maybe Yonge...the place was crawling with the undead. Yep. Nice neighbourhood guys - kill zombies much? I guess they were shooting a movie in the area and all the walking dead were getting a bit of java and make-up touch ups. It was pretty hysterical. Leah tried to take a few sneaky shots of the monsters, but we eventually got brave enough and asked for a group shot. I think it kind of makes me look tanned!

We also ran into Brendan Wall and Finbar, which was a really nice treat. I can't believe how big Fin is - he has the bluest eyes and the sweetest curly brown hair.

I will wait for an all clear from the Duntgomerys before we head back into their neck of the woods - what do you use to kill zombies? I am sure that Neven knows.

No comments: