Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Daycare

Yep. It is officially that time. I am not just on waiting lists, I am going to daycares, talking to the city, and visiting home care options. (insert sobs here)

Neven had the day off, so we bundled up the boy and went to two appointments. The first, well, it was not ideal. The woman was very nice and all, and had a very large home, but... The basement was the area dedicated to baby watching and there was not much that was geared toward the baby types. Unless you have a baby that likes Italian marble tables. Here was my favourite moment:

Me: (looking around) "Do you have any books for the kids? Reading is really important to us."

Her: (cross to television, remove two DVDs) "Oh yes, I agree. I have these CDs for the babies."

Me: (stunned silence)

The "CDs" were "Learning to Read" and "Barbie's Magical Adventure". I am not kidding about this people.

We next headed to a really wonderful space. It is a daycare proper and I loved it. The director actually reminded me of our midwife, who I adored. The space was bright, clean, stimulating, full of BOOKS - and actual books, not the DVD kind. The babies all seemed happy and well adjusted and even though it is really expensive, I am very hopeful that we can eek out a spot for ourselves. Everyone cross your fingers!!

No comments: