Saturday, April 7, 2007

Update

Hello Everyone. So here we are in the final few weeks! Snug is now 37 weeks and 5 days old. That means that we can have him at home safely, which is really exciting news. By the end of the day Neven will have his stuff in the hospital bag so we can put that in the car and not have to worry about using it.

This week I had a home visit with our favorite midwife Naomi. She took a look at the apartment, checked the entrances for emergency access and then we chatted about the upcoming birth. I found out that she is on call from now until the 11th at noon and then it shifts to Mojgon. Naomi is back on from the 18th - 25th, which is the perfect time for our little one to make his appearance. Everyone cross your fingers for this time frame - it will mean that I get ample bon bon eating time, as my last day of work is the 13th.

The visit also included the standard check-up. All good news. I tested negative on the Strep B test, which means that I will not have to take antibiotics. My blood pressure continues to stay nice and low, and I had to take a protein test which was also negative and apparently that is good. Snug is still in a fantastic position and his heart rate is great. He even showed off some of his stretches while Naomi was here. Naomi said that he was nice and low, which accounts for his fundal measurement being 361/2 instead of his usual rate which would have put him at about 37. We both thought that he had dropped. She also noted that my uterus is firming up, which she explained meant that everything was gearing up for this baby to be born. She was also very relieved to see that I am getting a little freaked out by the Bday. She said that she is way more confident working with a mom-to-be that is anxious about the birth. Apparently, the moms that are sure everything is going to be easy peasy are the ones that have the hardest time. So that is good news too I guess.

Another reason that I love Naomi was that she applauded my stuffed bear shenanigans (trying the bear in the stroller and the car seat) and actually said that we should keep practicing. Yipee!! I didn't tell her that I sometimes push the stroller around the apartment. She doesn't need to know everything - apparently I feel that you all do need to know!

Next appointment is with Mojgon on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone for the e-mails and good wishes, we really appreciate all of the support.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Happy last week of work!

It's SOOO exciting!!
xoxox