Today we had another appointment with Naomi. Everything is great. His heart rate is lovely, movement fantastic and my blood pressure was again "nice and low". His fundal measurement took a bit of a drop though. Naomi was fairly sure that this was because he is very low and engaged, but she wanted to be sure. So after a few tears I agreed to go for an emergency ultrasound to make sure that the umbilical cord was still giving him the goods and that he was still growing at a good rate. I had told Neven that I would rather him go to work early and be home earlier than come with me to the appointment, so I was on my own. After I called to tell him, Neven wanted to drop everything and come down, but I guess that I knew everything would be fine and told him that I could totally manage on my own. I did have my pocket electronic yahtzee so I was good for hours of waiting room fun.
The clinic that Naomi sent me to was actually quite nice. Way better than sitting at St. Joe's for an ultrasound. I didn't have too long to wait and the technician that I got was excellent. She was very understanding and reassuring. It wasn't long before she let me know the good news. Snug is fantastic. His measurements were all perfect for a baby of his age. I also used "he" a lot to see if she would bite, which she did! She said that HE was 8lbs 4oz, which sounds big to me, but she said it was exactly where he should be. Then she let me check him out. He was sucking his thumb and not very interested in posing for her camera. He is soooo cute. Her only criticism was that he was a little lazy! he would not budge from his comfy spot. I told her that he had been through quite a bit of prodding already that day and was probably more than a bit tired of it all. She agreed that the cause for the drop in measurement was because he was so low and also said that there was probably less room for amniotic fluid which can cause a drop. I skipped all the way home. Okay that is a lie, but I did smile a lot and thought about skipping.
Both the technician and Naomi think that I am going to be a mommy soon, just how soon is the question! Naomi doesn't think that it will be in the next 12 hours, and I would like to go out for a girls night on Friday, so maybe Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment