Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Baby Room!!!!!

The room before...



And now....


and this...


and top marks to Court for finding the perfect fabric to make a sheet for the crib...


Here is an action shot of the baby daddy hard at work -



I am so thrilled with how the room turned out! The inspiration came from a story that Steph did for Style at Home magazine. We still have a little bit of work to do. I have to organise the baby's already extensive wardrobe, hang a paper lantern over the rocking chair, a mirror to put up over the change table area, I am just about to start making some curtains, there is the elusive rug to find and some artwork to find or create. Huge thanks to Drew for coming over today and helping Neven finish. And how great is Neven? Pretty great. Pretty tired, but pretty fantastic.

The baby is doing really well. The last check-up was great, we have a new midwife that we will meet formally in a week or so, but I met her in passing at the office and she seems nice. The results came back from the gestational diabetes test and they were negative, so baby and I are continuing to fill our daily chocolate quota without too much guilt. Tuesday is another appointment with Naomi, so I will post updates from that. I am also looking forward to a play date with Jenn and Griffin that day - so I will take some pictures of that gorgeous boy to post here as well.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

May I recommend twinkly Christmas lights (on a dimmer, so that it's more like "ahhhhh...twinkly" insted of "OHMYGAWD,VEGAS!!" ) or something equally visually entertaining, hanging somewhere above the crib?

A trick that worked very well for us!!