Saturday, April 9, 2011

Race Day - Jordan 5km

Saturday morning we woke up early (well our regular time, just early for a Saturday) got ready, piled in the car and drove to Jordan. I was not sure where that was either until I found this 5km race in Jordan, Ontario. It is past Hamilton, but not terribly far and the start time was not until 10am. My friends Sarah and Eric were running too, so we met them at the arena. Dylan was excited, because he got to try some of his best material on a new audience.

We got there early, so I had plenty of time to get nervous, worry, and warm-up, then worry some more.

Right before the race, Neven took a couple of pictures of us. I made sure to look REALLY awesome in both of them. Sorry Katie, all of my photo training went out the window.


 The race shirt matched my new pants though, so that made me happy, even though I am super spazzy.

I got caught up in the rush of the start and went out too fast. I managed to even things out a bit, but it was not the race I was hoping for. I did finish faster than my original 5km in October.

This is hard to see, but on Saturday I finished in 28:08(chip time) - 28:02 by my watch, but who is counting? My race in October was 32:48 (chip time).

In the top half of all of the women that raced!
And here are my stats from the Jordan 5km. This will set all of my training for the half marathon that is coming up in May. Going to have to really get serious now!!

No comments: