Sunday, March 21, 2010

ROM

Many thanks to the Jansen-Lucas clan for an amazing adventure to the ROM!!  It was our first family trip there and we had such a fantastic time.

First - we took advantage of Go Transit's free weekends for spouses.  Neven was able to have a free trip to Union by using my pass with me.  Dylan rides free as well.  Saved us having to park downtown and we got the added bonus of riding a Go bus!  Dylan was SUPER excited about this part.

 Yes - It was that exciting.

 Then we got to ride on the subway.  I really love this picture.

When we got to the museum, first stop was a snack. Then we HAD to go and see all of the dinosaurs.  It was awesome.  Dylan's fave was the "big one", otherwise known as the T-Rex.

After seeing all of those cool dinosaur bones on display, Dylan decided to take a crack at paleontology. Safety is our first concern (to quote Thomas the Tank Engine). 

Then Dylan put himself under a microscope.  What did we find??  Very dirty fingernails.

Dylan and I in the tepee. Note the bat cave hat.  We also got a super cool bat t-shirt.  Photos soon.

We didn't get any pictures of the bat cave (it is a bit dark after all) but it was Dylan's favourite.  I wasn't sure that he would like it very much, since we were not armed with a flashlight, but he went in at least five times.  "I want to go back in the dark part please."

Too bad that there was no 'Nemo' in this tank.  There was a Dory though, and we could barely tear him away from this exhibit.

We just got into this animal show by Earthrangers.  The line-up was monsterous, so we decided to have lunch instead.  I decided to check it out just in case, and there were spots for us!  I even dropped Jenn's name, and they still let us in!! hee  hee.  Dylan totally loved this show.  We made a donation afterwards and Dylan picked the Eagle pin.  His fave part was the jumping African cat. I am going to go ahead and mention that I am not the biggest fan of birds per se.  At the zoo, I do not like to go into the sections where the birds fly about all willy-nilly.  This show had not one, but three totally unrestrained birds.  All of which were capable of carrying you off, or pooping on you.  Okay, they might not have been able to carry me, but there were babies in the audience.  And for the record, I did not scream in terror.
That is just the kind of brave face "isn't this so terrifying cool" mom that I am.


Does someone look a little tired?  Here we are on our way home at Museum station.

Thanks again for the tickets Jenn!  We had such a fun time.  The boys could not wake up from their naps they were so exhausted!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So glad you guys had a good time!