Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wedding

Here are a couple of pics from the beautiful wedding of Jonathon Rooke and Jennifer Filippelli.

The first dance


Shay and Jonathan


Big thank you to babysitter extraordinare - Leah! We were more than a little worried about the scheduling of the event, but in the end everything went really well. We even had some time to spare!!

The ceremony was in the afternoon at a lovely church south of College. We went as a family and Dylan was a superstar. He slept through the first half and even though when he woke up he was clearly confused by his new surroundings, he totally went with the flow. Despite a little laughing fit during the vows - he was awesome. And really, I think that the sound of a laughing burby is preferable to the sound of a wailing one. He also did some serious flirting with the woman in the row behind us. He was a busy kid.



Then we whipped home, and fed Dylan. Had speed playtime and started the bedtime routine a full 45 mins early. We weren't sure if this would work, but it pretty much went off without a hitch! We left the house before 7pm and made it time to grab a drink before the festivities started.

The dinner was delicious. The staff was amazingly accommodating as far as my gluten problem was concerned. Very helpful. I was able to eat almost everything and didn't even come close to hitting the snack I had stashed in my purse, just in case. Oooh - I was even able to eat a dessert. (Not the deliciousness pictured below, but still a really good mousse!)

We had a great time!! It was so great to see everyone again. I actually did not recognize Bill Stahl because he just looked that good. Not that he doesn't always look good...oh geez. And of course, Doug was a fantastic DJ. Don't tell Jen, but we even did a little impromptu chicken dance to a song with the right beat. Fabulous! And made it home not too late (I hope).

No comments: