Saturday, January 19, 2008

An Expensive Day in Stoskiville

"I had nothing to do with it. I have just been here with the piano."

Today was one of those days. We decided to buy all of the things that we have been discussing and researching, plus a couple of scrapbooking supplies!

This morning I left with three google maps and intentions to hit the big box land in Mississauga. I wanted to go to the Michael's, Petsmart, and the Superstore. Unfortunately, there was a major accident that had the 401 west on ramp completely shut down. A rapid change of plans sent me to big box land in Vaughan.

No petsmart there. What are you getting at a Petsmart, you ask? Well, we don't have any pets, but we do happen to have one climbing/screeching/motoring monkey. And they happen to have very humane cages for just that kind of beast. They also have the exact same thing at Babies r Us, with a picture of a baby on the box instead of a dog and they charge $10 more, just because you don't feel as bad. I ended up getting that one. Now before you get all up in arms, we are not putting Dylan in this cage all of the time, but there are occasions when we need to know that he is going to be safe if we are not in the room for a second. Let's say for example if a certain mother had to go the bathroom! Neven pimped it out this afternoon, so all kinds of toys are hanging off of it and it is a little better, and he seems to like it. He and BJ can commiserate with each other when they get old enough to complain about us!


On the topic of motoring and climbing, Dylan's new favorite trick is to stand up in his crib, mostly just when he doesn't want to have a nap. You have to listen very carefully to the sounds he is making to determine if he is actually standing. The problem is the only way he can get down so far is falling. The other problem is that he chews on the rail and often bites his lip. So how do we maintain our sleep program rules when we are worried about what he is up to in there? We go digital. Today we bought a very cheap and sleek video monitor. Now we can tell what the little trouble maker is up to, without trying to peek in the door.

And the last big purchase is something that Neven likes to call "my very early birthday present". A GPS system. Anyone who knows me, knows that if I can not see the CN Tower, I will have a hard time telling you what direction I am facing. Neven is tired of worrying about me getting lost and taking my phone calls when I am not besactly sure where I am going. So now I have Garmin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellen purchases! You can't put a price on safety and peace of mind.
And listen to 680 AM before you head out, so you'll know where the bad traffic is.

Anonymous said...

I love the little prisoner in his bars ha ha ....That little one is happy no matter where he is it seems. And that is a good purchase because because I am sure he is motoring everywhere. Give my little babes a kiss from aunty.