Last night the girls and I went down to the Royal Alex to soak in the North American premiere of a "classic story on stage". Okay, it may not win any awards, but it was tons of fun and very pretty.
The seating was general admission, so we got there as soon as we could and found that the house was already pretty full. We all made the trek up to the Upper Balcony, battled the vertigo that naturally set in, turned on our oxygen masks and found some pretty great seats. As we looked around the theatre we noticed that the box seats were empty. We figured that if they were also general seating that they would have been already occupied and settled in upstairs. When Steph and I made our way down to the washrooms, we decided to ask an usher if the boxes were available. THEY WERE!! We were the first to ask and the kind usher escorted us to our private box!! We waved down Leah and Katie and then basked in the luxury. Soon all of the boxes were full and the show began!
It was all we had hoped for and a little extra here and there. I will not even get close to details, because mom and dad are seeing the show on Saturday. There was some great swag too. Something for Dylan, my favorite and Leah's favorite.
The show stopped a couple of times for technical reasons, but that just gave us a chance to gab about everything that we had already watched. I even managed NOT to call Neven, despite the fact that it was after 11:30pm when I finally got home!! The boys had a fine night too, though it could not have been as much fun as our night out!
No comments:
Post a Comment