Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's a party!


My dad is retiring this December and last night his friends threw him a "surprise" retirement party. He is very clever, so of course he knew all about it, but he had no idea who would show up. There were tons of people there to wish him well, all of them knew Dad AND came willingly!! hee hee. It was really fantastic. Neven had to work and Nancy got stranded on the hiway, but the rest of us were there to cheer Dad on (Don't worry, Nancy is ok). Jason and I almost didn't make it. We realised half-way there that neither of us knew where we were going and Dylan was no help at all. I ended up having to call Leah to hack into my e-mail to get directions and we made it in time. We are a great pair!

Dylan and I missed the speech, but heard all of the laughter and applause from the room where we were having something to eat. It was bad timing on our part but Mom said it was great, so I will take her word for it.

The Man of the Hour

Dylan, Nana and Gipa

No comments: