Thursday, July 5, 2007

Where it all began...

Mom and Dad took me back to the beginning. Yesterday they took a stroll down memory lane and brought me along for the ride. Another big car ride and I was a champ.

Destination Huron County.



Our adventure started with a stop at a Gluten Free Factory - El Peto, where Mom got all kinds of treats that no one but her and Nana will enjoy. Pasta, pizza, tarts, sausages and the best thing ever - FRESH BAKED BREAD!! It even smelled like bread, Dad and I were witness. Needless to say, Mom was very excited. I had a snack and we carried on to our next stop - Stratford.


We stopped there to have a delicious lunch with Dan-o. After several attempts Mom managed to snap this gorgeous picture of us. Dan has a bit of trouble with the photos!! He better practice before the wedding this fall! hee hee
At the restaurant the gluten free extravaganza continued. The fabulous waitress knew what gluten was and even had some gf bread for mom to have french toast.

After lunch we headed into beautiful Blyth. Our first stop was at the Allen Farm to hang with Jenn and Griffin. Oh and Dudley!


Next stop was into town to see the nice theatre folks on their dinner break.
This is me with Eric Coates (the artistic director). He always jokes about the love that blooms while people are working at his festival. Mom and Dad are just two of the many.


Our final stop was in Goderich at Gil and Cappy's beautiful new house. Mom and Dad had such a wonderful time that they completely forgot to take any pictures! Gil made a delicious dinner, found a swing for me to chill in and played some music for me when I was fussy. While he was busy doing all of that we got to hang out with Cappy, Gideon and Shauna Japp! It was a wonderful evening.

Luckily Mom managed to take this picture of Gideon so everyone can see how cute he is!


We all piled back into the car (so they tell me, I was asleep for this part!) and got on the road again. This time home! We weren't very far into our trip when dad expertly avoided a charging deer. Mom and Dad threw up in their mouths for quite some time after this. Mom has never been so close to a deer before - brown eyes - maybe missed the rear of our car by an inch. Despite the heavy fog and missing one turn, mom and dad navigated us home safe and sound. I didn't even wake up when we got home and slept until 4 am!!

Today we all went to a movie! Ratatouile! I think that it was more exciting for Mom and Dad, but I had fun too. Now we all need a nap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story! I'm glad you had such a nice visit and made it home safely.